Available positions will be posted here periodically. For further inquiry, please contact us via the online form.
ASSISTANT RESEARCH SCIENTIST
An Assistant Research Scientist position is available immediately at the Tisch MS Research Center of New York. Applicants should demonstrate their capabilities to lead an independent research project in any of the following topics with relevance to MS: (1) Neuroimmunology with emphasis on innate immune responses in MS; (2) Virology, with background in herpesvirus/EBV; (3) Neuropathology of human MS and animal models of demyelinating disease and neurodegeneration; and/or (4) Neuronal and glial cell biology. Successful candidate will be expected to train and supervise research assistants, and will have opportunities to collaborate with other Tisch MSRCNY scientists. Applicants should have a PhD or MD/PhD with relevant postgraduate experience. Applicants must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and should demonstrate ability to work in a collaborative environment.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits in a pleasant and professional work environment. The position is fully funded for 3 years, with opportunity for extension. To apply, please e-mail a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and names of three references to email@example.com. Please specify “assistant research scientist application” in the e-mail.
Research Assistant positions will be available at the Tisch Multiple Sclerosis Research Center of New York (Tisch MS) starting the summer of 2017. Applications may be submitted beginning in January 2017. Successful candidates will be required to perform a variety of techniques in the fields of immunology, molecular biology, cell biology, and neuroscience including, but not limited to, PCR, asceptic cell culture technique, histology, work with experimental animal models, western blotting, ELISAs, and flow cytometry. Candidates must have good oral and written communication skills and should be able to demonstrate ability to work as a team. Applicants must have a recent Bachelor’s degree in the biological sciences, OR should have an expected graduation date for the spring of 2017. Previous laboratory experience is required. A two-year commitment is required.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits in a pleasant and professional work environment. To apply, please e-mail a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and names of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “research assistant application” in the subject line of the e-mail.
CELL CULTURE SPECIALIST
The Tisch Multiple Sclerosis Research Center of New York invites applications for a Cell Culture Specialist at the Research Associate/Technician level beginning immediately. The candidate will work with a team of scientists in the manufacturing of cell therapy products for use in clinical research protocols. Major responsibilities will include maintenance of human donor-derived mesenchymal stem cell and neural stem cell cultures, media and reagent preparation, quality testing, and in vitro stem cell differentiation assays. Candidate should have excellent cell culture and sterile technique. Prior experience working in a regulatory environment desired, including working with SOPs, following cGMP requirements, and working in a clean room environment. Must be willing to work with oversight by QA and other regulatory bodies. Exceptional organizational and time-management skills required. Candidate should be a detail-oriented individual with above-average written and oral communication skills.
Qualifications:Requires a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in biology-related field and at least 3-year of relevant tissue culture experience.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits in a pleasant and professional work environment. To apply, please e-mail a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and names of three references to: email@example.com. Please specify “cell culture specialist application” in the subject line of the e-mail.
QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST/MANAGER
The Institute for Regenerative Cell Therapy at theTisch MS Research Center of New Yorkis seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist/Managerfor cGMP manufacturing of human cell therapy products currently undergoing clinical trial testing to treat multiple sclerosis.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop, author, revise and issue quality assurance policies, batch records and standard operating procedures (SOP) and related forms.
- Interpret and implement quality assurance standards as related to cGMP manufacturing of cell therapy products.
- Work closely with facility manager and Health and Safety Officer to ensure that all manufacturing clean rooms and associated areas are compliant with the cGMP requirements and OSHA and local guidelines.
- Work closely with scientists and production personnel to ensure all activities under cGMP are documented and audited according to the cGMP requirements.
- Coordinate the qualification and documentation of all laboratory equipment involved in the manufacturing and testing of the clinical materials
- Coordinate and oversee the validation of all intermediates and final product release assays.
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure in-process and finished product quality
- Document and archive internal audits and all other quality assurance activities
- Investigate non-conformance issues and implement preventive and corrective actions to address them
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Identify training needs of personnel and organize training to meet quality standards
- Responsible for developing and implementing document management systems (QMS)
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
Education and Experience
Bachelors degree is required, relevant experience in the field of cell therapies is preferred. Certifications an advantage including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate. Hands on writing of standard operating procedures (SOPs) is required. Experience with implementation of corrective action programs, hands-on laboratory experience with appreciation of the cGMP guidelines and strong computer skills in MS Office is required. Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA very helpful. Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements preferred.
Key Competencies Include:
Attention to detail, communication skills - verbal and written, hands-on data collection, management and analysis, problem analysis and problem solving, planning and organizing, judgment, decision-making, and teamwork.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits in a pleasant and professional work environment. To apply, please e-mail a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Quality Assirance Specialist/Manager” in the e-mail.